Find U-Pick Blueberry Farms
Step into the world of blueberry picking, a delightful activity that brings you closer to nature while offering the sweet reward of plump, fresh berries. Blueberries are not only delicious but are also packed with antioxidants, making them a healthy addition to your diet.
Picking blueberries has become one of the most popular u-pick activities. They are an easy fruit to pick for both adults and children. Their bushes have no thorns and the fruit is easy to pull off. Filling a bucket of blueberries is not time consuming.
Where To Pick Blueberries
While blueberries can be grown in many parts of the United States, they flourish in certain states due to favorable climate and soil conditions. Here are some states known for their bountiful blueberry crops:
- Arkansas – Known as the blueberry state, Arkansas even has a berry festival in June! The festival is put on by The Berry Farm in Bentonville.
- Michigan – As the nation’s leading blueberry producer, Michigan offers a wide variety of U-pick farms.
- New Jersey – Known as the “Blueberry Capital of the World,” New Jersey’s Hammonton region is famous for its blueberries.
- North Carolina – With its moderate climate, this state offers prime conditions for blueberry growth and has numerous U-pick farms.
- Oregon – Oregon’s temperate climate is well-suited for several blueberry varieties.
- Florida – In the Sunshine State, blueberries typically ripen earlier than in other states, giving a head start to the U-pick season.
Blueberry Picking Seasons
The blueberry picking season varies depending on geographic location and climate differences. Blueberries grow in almost every state, including Alaska and Hawaii.
- In the southern states such as Florida, the blueberry season can start as early as March and extend through May.
- In North Carolina, blueberries are typically ready to pick from June through August.
- For northern states such as Michigan, the blueberry picking season often runs from July to September.
- In Oregon, the season usually begins in June and can last until September.
Always confirm the picking dates with your local U-pick farms to ensure you arrive at the height of the season.
Tips For Blueberry Picking
- Dress appropriately: Wear comfortable clothing, a hat for sun protection, and sturdy shoes.
- Pick ripe berries: Ripe blueberries are uniformly blue with no tinge of green. They should come off the bush easily.
- Store correctly: Bring your containers or boxes to avoid squashing the berries.
- Respect the farm: Follow the farm’s rules, stay in designated areas, and avoid damaging the plants.
Blueberry picking can be an adventure that all ages can enjoy. It’s a chance to create lasting memories while appreciating nature’s bounty.
We make it easy to find a u-pick blueberry farm near you! Simply find your state to quickly find all of the farms near you that offer blueberry picking. Be sure to verify the open season, hours of operation and if the farm is currently offering blueberries before driving to that farm.
With our state county maps, it’s easy to see where in your state you can find u-pick blueberry farms. The green highlighted counties will show you farms that offer blueberry picking.
Gray States: If you see your state in gray that means we do not currently have a u-pick blueberry farm listed there. We are adding new u-pick farms all of the time, so if you do not see a farm in your state please come back soon. If you know of a farm that is missing, please help us by adding the farm here.