Find U-Pick Orange Farms
Are you looking for a u-pick farm that offers oranges? Welcome to the sunny and refreshing world of orange picking! With their vibrant color, invigorating scent, and juicy sweetness, oranges are a treasure to pick.
Whether you plan to enjoy them fresh, create your own juice, or add a zesty twist to your culinary creations, orange picking provides a bright and delicious adventure.
The problem with finding orange picking farms is that oranges only grow in 5 main states:
Both California and Florida compete to who produces the most oranges in a year with Florida coming on top most years.
So if you are looking for a u-pick orange farm, you will only find them within the states mentioned above.
We are working hard at finding all of the orange farms in the USA, so our list of orange farms will be growing as we continue to find more locations. Right now you will only find farms located in Florida and Georgia.
If you are looking for Satsuma Oranges, you can find them within 2 different farm locations in Georgia. You can start picking satsuma Oranges in Georgia around November of each year.
The Orange Picking Experience
Walking through an orange grove, the air is alive with the vibrant hues and intoxicating scent of the fruit. The act of plucking these spheres of citrus sunshine from the tree is a unique joy. The sunny climate that oranges prefer also contributes to making this a cheerful outdoor activity that everyone can enjoy.
Where To Go For Orange Picking
Unlike many fruits, oranges thrive in warmer, subtropical to tropical climates. As a result, the majority of U-pick opportunities for oranges are found in just a few states:
- Florida – As the biggest orange producer in the United States, Florida is home to numerous orange groves where you can pick your own fruit.
- California – Known for its diverse agricultural output, California is another state where you can find U-pick orange farms.
- Texas – In the southernmost parts of the state, where the climate is closer to subtropical, there are some opportunities for U-pick oranges.
It’s important to note that most states do not offer U-pick oranges due to climate limitations. Oranges require a very specific set of growing conditions that aren’t found in the majority of the United States.
Orange Picking Season
The orange picking season varies depending on the specific variety and the state:
- In Florida, the orange season typically runs from October through June, with the peak season from December to May.
- In California, depending on the variety, the orange picking season can start in November and extend through April
- Texas generally sees its orange season from October to May, depending on the variety and specific region.
Remember to always check with your local U-pick farm for the most accurate and up-to-date picking schedule.
Tips For A Successful Orange Picking Experience
When planning your orange picking outing, keep these tips in mind:
- Dress Appropriately: The sun can be intense in the states where oranges grow. Wear sun protection, including a hat and sunscreen, and consider light, long-sleeved clothing.
- Pick Correctly: To pick an orange, gently twist it off the branch. Be sure not to pull too hard to avoid damaging the tree or causing unripe fruit to fall.
- Choose the Right Oranges: Look for fruit that is fully orange, as they do not continue to ripen after being picked. The fruit should feel heavy for its size, indicating it is full of juice.
Orange picking is a delightful and sunny experience, bringing you closer to the source of this favorite fruit. Enjoy the zest and sunshine of the orange grove, and savor the fresh, sweet taste of your hand-picked oranges!
How To Find Orange Farms Near You
Are you looking for a u-pick farm that offers oranges? Simply find your state below to quickly find all of the farms near you that offer orange picking. Be sure to verify the open season, hours of operation and if the farm is currently offering oranges before driving to that farm.
With our state county maps, it’s easy to see where in your state you can find u-pick orange farms. The green highlighted counties will show you farms that offer orange picking.
Gray States: If you see your state in gray that means we do not currently have a u-pick orange farm listed there. We are adding new u-pick farms all of the time, so if you do not see a farm in your state please come back soon.
If you know of a farm that is missing, please help us by adding the farm here.