Find U-Pick Farms in Georgia
What are you looking to pick? Find a u-pick farm in Georgia for any fruit or vegetable.
Are you looking for U-Pick farms in Georgia? There are many different types of produce you can pick in Georgia with lots of farms to choose between.
Georgia is not only the birthplace of warm Southern hospitality but is also renowned for its abundance of lush U-Pick farms, offering a variety of fresh fruits and vegetables throughout the year.
While the Peach State is famous for its peaches, it’s also a haven for several other delightful crops. We will highlight the u-pick seasons in Georgia, what crops are popular and unique and why you should check out a local u-pick farm near you.
Harvest dates are approximate, as each year’s harvest times vary slightly. Harvest times can also depend on the weather. Be sure to contact the farm you are interested in before heading out!
U-Pick Seasons For Georgia
The picking season in Georgia spans most of the year, with different crops reaching their peak at varying times. Keep in mind that these dates are a general rule of when a crop is usually in the u-pick stage. For example strawberries can be ready to pick in Southern Georgia by early March, but not ready until April in Northern Georgia.
Here’s a general guide:
- Strawberries: April-June
- Blackberries and Blueberries: June-July
- Peaches: June-August
- Apples: September-October
- Pumpkins: October
- Christmas Trees: Late November-December
Here are what crops are available in Georgia listed by season. This will give you a general rule to follow and to help you schedule those trips to your local farm.
- Spring: Spring in Georgia brings out the freshest strawberries. The strawberry picking season typically begins in late April and runs until June, offering an engaging outdoor activity for families and fruit enthusiasts.
- Summer: The summer months from May through August are particularly exciting for fruit pickers. This is when Georgia’s beloved peaches are at their ripest and juiciest. Blueberries, a significant Georgia crop, are also ready for picking from late May to mid-July. Blackberries and raspberries make their brief but sweet appearance in June and July.
- Fall: As the leaves start to turn, Georgia’s farms transform into a wonderland of fall produce. From September to October, pumpkins and corn dominate the fields, ushering in a season of festive harvest activities.
- Winter: While not a traditional crop-picking season, late November through December sees Georgia’s Christmas tree farms open their gates to families eager to choose and cut their perfect tree.
Popular Fruits & Vegetables In Georgia
While peaches, blueberries, and strawberries are the crowd favorites, Georgia’s agricultural richness extends beyond these well-loved fruits. Georgia is one of the leading blueberry producers in the nation, giving this sweet and slightly tart fruit its rightful place in the spotlight. Alma, in southern Georgia, is often dubbed the state’s blueberry capital.
Corn, pumpkins, and Christmas trees are also notable crops that draw crowds, offering not just produce but an immersive farming experience that often includes corn mazes, hayrides, and other family-friendly activities.
Why You Should Visit A Georgia U-Pick Farm
Going to a U-Pick farm in Georgia isn’t just about filling baskets with fresh produce; it’s a cherished tradition that brings families and communities together, fosters a greater understanding of our food sources, and nurtures an appreciation for farming.
Visitors have the unique opportunity to learn about different fruit and vegetable varieties, optimal picking techniques, and even how weather patterns can influence their crops.
Many farms also engage in sustainable farming practices, demonstrating a commitment to the environment and future generations.
One thing to keep in mind for newcomers to the u-pick experience is that harvest times can vary depending on weather conditions and other factors. So, it’s always a good idea to call ahead or check the farm’s website to ensure the fruit or vegetable you’re interested in is available and ready for picking.
Find A Pick Your Own Farm In Georgia
Our county maps make it easy for you to find a u-pick farm in Georgia. We broke down the state into counties so you can see what counties have farms located within them. Georgia has 159 counties.
Find the produce you are looking to pick and then look at the Georgia county map to see where a farm is located that offers that item.
Keep in mind that many pick your own farms in Georgia will offer other types of produce, as well as vegetables, and possibly u-cut flowers. These local farmers may also have their own farm stand or local shop where you can pick up pre-picked produce as well as other goodies like jams, jellies, and baked goods.
We hope you can get out this year and find a u-pick farm in Georgia that you have never visited. Make it a tradition to get out and support our local farmers.
If you know of a farm in Georgia that we are missing, please add the farm here. We are always looking to support as many local farms and want to make sure we have everyone listed.
Farms Listed On U-Pick Farms USA