Find U-Pick Peach Farms
Welcome to the sweet, sun-drenched world of peach picking! There is something truly delightful about feeling the fuzzy skin of a ripe peach under your fingertips, picking it straight from the tree, and anticipating the juicy flavor that awaits.
Peach picking is an experience that celebrates the very essence of summer. Although not as popular as picking apples or blueberries, peach picking is a very fun and unique experience.
The Peach Picking Experience
Peaches, with their rosy hues and seductive aroma, are one of summer’s finest fruits. The activity of peach picking offers not only the reward of the fruit itself, but also the joy of spending a sunny day in the beautiful surroundings of a peach orchard.
Besides, peaches make some of the best pies! Who doesn’t love a fresh peach pie – and more importantly – from farm fresh peaches!
Where To Go For Peach Picking
Peaches require a specific climate with a chilling period during winter, warm spring weather for blossoming, and hot summer days for ripening. Some areas of the United States offer these ideal conditions for peach production:
- Georgia – Known as the “Peach State,” Georgia is a premier destination for peach picking, with numerous U-pick farms spread across the state.
- South Carolina – Despite being smaller in size, South Carolina actually surpasses Georgia in peach production. The state is full of U-pick opportunities throughout the summer.
- California – Responsible for a significant portion of the country’s peach production, California’s diverse climate allows for several varieties of peaches to flourish.
- Texas – The Hill Country region of Texas is particularly known for its peach orchards, offering Texans and visitors a sweet way to enjoy the summer.
Peach Picking Seasons
The peach picking season varies from state to state, primarily due to differences in climate:
- In Georgia and South Carolina, peach season typically starts in May and can extend through August.
- California, with its long growing season, usually sees peaches ripen from May all the way to September or even October.
- Texas, peak peach season is often in June and July, though some early or late varieties may be available in May and August.
Remember to check with your local U-pick peach farm for their most accurate and up-to-date picking schedule.
Tips For A Successful Peach Picking Experience
When planning your peach picking adventure, remember the following tips:
- Dress for the occasion: Comfortable clothing, a hat for sun protection, and sturdy shoes are must-haves. Peaches can also be a bit sticky, so consider wearing something that you don’t mind getting a bit of juice on.
- Check the fruit’s ripeness: A ripe peach will yield slightly to gentle pressure and will have a sweet smell. The best peaches are often found deep inside the tree.
- Handle with care: Peaches can bruise easily. Handle them gently and place them in your basket carefully.
Peach picking is a charming summer tradition that offers fun for the whole family. Enjoy your time in the orchard, and savor the delicious reward of your efforts!
How to find a u-pick peach farm near you? Simply find your state below. Be sure to verify the open season, hours of operation and if the farm is currently offering peaches before driving to that farm.
With our state county maps, it’s easy to see where in your state you can find u-pick peach farms. The green highlighted counties will show you farms that offer peach picking.
Gray States: If you see your state in gray that means we do not currently have a u-pick peach farm listed there. We are adding new u-pick farms all of the time, so if you do not see a farm in your state please come back soon.
If you know of a farm that is missing, please help us by adding the farm here.