In 1799, Ephriam Weston moved from Massachusetts to the Province of Maine and purchased a 46-acre parcel of land along the Saco River.
Seven generations later his descendants still work those same fertile soils.
Like many area farms during the 1930’s and 40’s the Weston’s grew several crops to supply the three canning factories in town.
Corn, beans & squash were the primary vegetables canned at the factories.
As the number of farms began to dwindle so did the need for replacement livestock.
The Westons began a dairy, milking registered Holsteins to supplement the fading livestock business.
Soon the days of small dairy farms would begin to end as well, which caused the family farm to adapt yet again.