In 1952, Albert and Jeannette Giunco (Grocery Store Owners), of Belmar, NJ, brought a 250 acre cow farm in Freehold.
This farm was a gift to their two sons John and Richard Giunco.
John Giunco received his Agricultural Degree from Rutgers University and had plans for an apple and peach orchard on the farm.
Suddenly, John was called to serve his country in the Korean War.
The apple trees were literally waiting to be planted, so the remaining family members and friends, continued to plant the orchards.
The original farm was called Twin Lakes Orchards and was located between Gravel Hill Road and Thompson Grove Road in Freehold and Manalapan Township.
Over the years, apples, peaches pumpkins and various vegetables were grown and shipped all over the world.
A state of the art packing house was located deep within the orchard where fruits were being packed and shipped and fresh apple cider was being pressed.
Cold storage was an important part of keeping the apples, peaches, produce and cider fresh.