The Strite family has been farming in the Harrisburg area since 1843.
The first fruit trees and vegetables were planted by Joseph C. Strite in 1914.
His son Earl would eventually join him in the business and over time expand the farm to over 250 acres.
Earl sold his produce at markets in the city of Harrisburg and door to door in nearby Hummelstown.
In 1950 the original market was opened on the farm. Earl’s sons Joe and Tom joined their father on the farm and expanded vegetable plantings and added greenhouse operations.
All three received the honor of being named Master Farmers over the course of their careers.
In 1994 a new farm market and bakery were built and the farm was expanded to 300 acres.
2011 was the inaugural year for our CSA which allowed us to deliver produce throughout the greater Harrisburg area to participating members.
Current family members actively involved on the farm are brothers Joe and Tom, wives Sharon and Sheryl, and children Jon, and Matt.